“Money Matters—Changing Currency ”
· What kind of money does England use? Germany? Japan? The United States? South Africa?
· What other currencies do you know?
· What currencies have you used?
“I want to go to the US. I have to convert (change) K. Won to US$.”
“I live in Japan. I want to visit Korea. I have to change yen to won.”
Activity 1 World currencies
S earch currencies on world map & look at paper money from last few decades.
· After quick viewing of site, write 3 questions you’d like answered, then find answers and write them down.
Activity 2 Converting
· Click on Full Currency Converter.
Activity 3 The Euro
· Find a European currency that has been replaced by the Euro.
· Change the currency to won. A message will come up saying:
“You have selected a currency that has been replaced by the Euro”.
· Read about the Euro.
· Which of the European countries aren’t using Euros?
Activity 4 Precious
Which is the most expensive: gold, silver, platinum (baeg-geum)? Use the full currency converter to answer.
Activity 5 Big Mac Price
“Is a burger more expensive in A or US?”
W hich country has the cheapest/most expensive burger?
Which country has almost the same price as S Korea? (NZ).
After you have finished this lesson
please email your feedback or report any broken links to: